Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cameras and taking pictures

---REMEMBER TO CLICK ON "SEPTEMBER" TO THE RIGHT TO SEE ALL THE JAPAN BLOGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED------


Being a serious amateur photographer, Paola has a mid to high priced camera, whereas I have a consumer level snaphot camera. While we were in Ginza yesterday, Paola was complaining that she couldn’t take pictures that she was satisfied with, especially at night. I told her that she should learn to fiddle with the different settings of her camera, and I was a little disappointed that she didn’t know how to change some settings to take better pictures.

It so happens that all of my fiddling with camera settings today at the different temples that we went to did not work out for me. When we finally looked over all of our pictures over the past couple of days, Paola had a lot of nice pictures, whereas many of my pictures were too grainy, or washed out, apparently because of the camera settings since it was a pretty bright day.

That said, since this is my blog, and I am a bit jealous of Paola’s pictures being better than mine, all of the pictures from the last couple of days that are on this blog are mine.

Also, I have a lot of video that I still have to upload to my website. You will soon be able to see what it is to walk around some of these temple sites. If you cannot yet see any of the videos that I have uploaded, download and install Quicktime from this address:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

My video page is:

http://george.tsouris.net/videos.htm

No comments: