Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Positive praise

At my old teaching position in New York, it was once in a blue moon that I got praised by my supervisors, or people in a higher position. Being here only a couple of weeks, I have gotten a lot of praise. Perhaps it is because the position is one lower than my old one, and thus easier than my old job, but at my old job, I was very rarely the recipient of praise.

The administrative staff supervisor, Kari, told me that I am doing great, and that some people were saying that they wanted to take classes with me. One student even asked me when I would be there so that she could schedule classes with me. Hearing that felt good. In fact, Haruko, the administrative staff at Mizuhodai (my branch office), apologized for making my schedule so busy today because many people had requested to take a class with me. I suppose that it’s true when they say that one is punished for doing a good job. All the same, it does feel good to get the praise that I am getting at work.

No comments: