Monday, October 29, 2007

Philosopher’s Walk

Philosopher's Walk
George and Paola
Temple
The Silver Pavilion was at the north end of a path about a mile or two long called the Philosopher’s walk. I thought that it would be a nice pleasant walk that might inspire some thinking. It was basically a path that followed a stream that flowed down. On either side of the stream and the path were houses and little shops. I imagine that in the spring there might be cherry blossoms in bloom, but when we were there, none were. All that said, I didn’t find the walk to inspire any thinking, and I was glad when it was over.

At the south end of the Philosopher’s Walk there must have been some temple, or another, but it appears that it did not leave an impression on me (perhaps I had already seen too many temples and/ or shrines). One thing that I did want to see, that we had missed yesterday was back in Eastern Gion. Because it was getting late, we felt that it would be best to take a taxi, so we did.

No comments: