Thursday, October 25, 2007

Korakuen Garden





From the last garden, it was a short subway ride to the next one, Korakuen Garden. Ranking the two that we went to today, I think that this garden was one that appealed to me a bit more. It was a bit bigger, if not the same size, but there were some more interesting features. For one, there was an orange bridge that spanned over a small creek. There was also a small waterfall, and further back it seemed like there was a completely different garden, with its own pond and lily pads.

Although Paola selected the gardens for us to visit today, I have to admit that I had a pleasant time walking through them, and checking out nature. At one point, I thought to take out my book, and write a short poem. Paola made fun of me by composing and reciting her own poem on the spot. Here it is:

The leaves fall.
The birds quack.
Quack, quack.
Quack, quack.

She is probably a better poet than I am.

No comments: