Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Akihabara



Akihabara is the neighborhood in Japan where they have all of the electronic gadgets and things for sale. Of course, you could find them elsewhere, but one neighborhood has a whole street devoted to computers, cameras, stereos, dvds, video games, etc.

Perhaps I am not that into this sort of stuff, but it was a little disappointing for me. It didn’t really make that big of an impact, perhaps because all I wanted was a small camera, and although there were many to choose from, I didn’t find one at the price that I wanted. Most of the stores weren’t even electronics stores, but stores that focused primarily on dvds (of Japanese cartoons), and video games (which would be cool, but after playing some Japanese video games, I realized that you need to know how to read Japanese to play a lot of them).

I was excited to go into my favorite Japanese fast food place, Yoshinoya. I always get the same beef bowl. Paola thinks that the beef tastes either raw or like fat, so she doesn’t eat it at all, and I end up eating hers, which suits me fine.

1 comment:

The CDM said...

Lucky you, eventually when I get out of college, I'd like to work in Japan. Even if it's for a short time, I just want the experience.