Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Camera

I have been very disappointed in the performance of my camera lately. It seems that no matter what I do with the settings, the picture ends up looking very grainy, and that does not make me happy. I thought that it might be because of the overcast skies. But then Paola mentioned that it might be the battery. In fact, my camera battery dies everyday that I use it; sometimes it gets me so upset because I don’t get a chance to get all the pictures that I want by the end of the day.

So on the way home today (October 10, 2007), I decided to check another camera store. I knew that I didn’t have any luck last night, but today I wanted to go to a place called Bic Camera, which is supposed to be the biggest camera store around. When we got there, it was pretty big, but that’s because they had a lot more than just cameras. In any case, they had an update of the camera that I have, and it was only 24,000 yen (US$ 240). I was ready to buy it, but I wanted to check out how my camera and this new one took the same picture. It turned out that Paola thought that my camera actually took a better picture. Therefore, I thought that I might only need to get a new rechargeable battery. Because this was the biggest camera store, I expected them to have it, whereas last night, none of the places that we went to had camera batteries. They had it, and I bought it for only 4,000 yen (US $ 40), and I felt like I got a great deal on a new camera. Hopefully, it performs much better than it does now.

UPDATE: I am very happy with the new performance of the camera. The battery lasts at least twice as long, and the pictures are not as grainy as they used to be. So, I thank Paola for convincing me to get a new battery instead of spending so much money on a new camera.

No comments: