Monday, October 29, 2007

Imperial Park



I thought that there might be something of interest to see here. This park was close to Nijo Castle, and it had the old imperial houses where the emperor lived. However, because everything was closed to the public, I did not find too much that interested me here. It was a large park with large paths where people could run, or walk, or ride their bike. We quickly walked to the other side of the park, and found a bus that might take us to Ginkaku-ji.

The bus system here in Kyoto is very nice, especially if you are able to read Japanese. However, I cannot read Japanese, and I was still able to make sense of it (for the most par). The city is laid out in a grid-like manner, so it is easy to understand where the busses should go if you have a map. Luckily, the map that we got from the hotel very clearly drew out the streets that had bus service, so it was easy to find busses to where we wanted to go.

No comments: